Wednesday, April 13, 2011

13; Things -- but not interesting things.

Last Friday (I think?), I awoke to my right ear being completely blocked up by something, limiting my hearing by A LOT. I've yet to figure out what's going on. When presssing (gently) on my ear, it doesn't feel hard or soild, so I guess it's wax in my ear cannal. I'd see my doctor, but...I've yet to even meet the PCP my insurance assigned me, and my luck, I even can't find the paperwork stating what the woman's name is. I called a handful of numbers to see if someone could look her name up, but I've been disconnected, left on hold for lengthy amounts of time, or have talked to people who have redirected me elsewhere. Thus, I'm just going to pick a new doctor and see them ASAP.

Luckily, I've done my own research and it's sounding like it's related to my allergies -- which I would believe, because my nasal passages are constantly stuffy. I'm very allergic to dust, you see, and there's a lot of it in the world. Also, my hearing's gotten a bit better in that ear.

Unluckily, the ear has begun to ring...a lot. You know, that constant high pitched ringing you get when you're in a loud environment and suddenly everything goes quiet? I have that now. Looking that up, it seems that's definitely related to what I have, and could be due to a lot of things...one of them being stress. To be honest, I think that's the cause. I've been so strung out lately, slacking off on quite a few things in favour of lying in bed doing nothing, because I don't have the energy to face anything. I put off too many things, really, and I've been extremely stressed out. I never handle stress well. (This will explain why I have been barely posting to this blog; you may have noticed this, or you may have not.)

--Well, it could also be because I used to have constant popping in that ear a couple of years ago, but that stopped a long time ago, and I haven't had issues since.

...Yeah, I know: get thee to a doctor.

1 comment: